Applications for the 2017 National Jamboree are now being excepted.
If you are interested in applying for a adult leadership role please read the following Scout leader requirements and follow the link to fill out your application.
To qualify as a 2017 National Jamboree Scoutmaster/Crew Advisor, applicants are required to:
· Serve as a Scout leader (Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster/Crew Advisor, Assistant Crew Advisor or equivalent youth leader with direct youth contact) for a least one year during the three-year period 2014 to 2017.
- Complete or re‐certify the training required to be considered a trained Scoutmaster/Crew Advisor within the 24‐months before Jamboree.
- Complete the appropriate Youth Protection Training within the 12-months prior to the Jamboree.
- Complete Wood Badge training (have received beads) by July 1, 2016.
- Commit to recruit and retain a full 36‐member troop/full 8-member crew for the Jamboree.
- Strongly, encourage prospective junior leaders to attend National Youth Leadership Training.
- Work with the troop committee comprised of parents of the youth in the troop/crew.
- Commit to attend the entire Jamboree and pre‐Jamboree tour in July/August. Dates to be determined.
- Commit to hold jamboree troop meetings on a regular basis with at least two overnight camp outs during the 24-month period before the Jamboree.
- If you have not been to a Jamboree before, commit to “apprentice” with an “experienced” Jamboree Scout leader for six months.
- Meet the fitness requirements of the National Jamboree.
- File a Personal Health and Medical Record, class 3 (No. NSJ‐34412‐01) form with the council.
- Complete an interview with the Catalina Council National Jamboree Committee.
- Be approved and formally invited to serve by the Catalina Council National Jamboree Committee.
- Be approved by the Catalina Council Scout Executive.