Spanish Trails Advancement
Merit Badges Offered
Spring Merit Badge Day – Spring Merit Badge Day is coming up soon! We have added Automotive Maintenance Merit Badge this year sponsored by GREULICH Automotive Service. Saturday, May 2 at Immanuel Presbyterian – 9252 E. 22nd St.
Early enrollment starts on Monday, March 2 and ends on April 24 – then the price goes up! Register at http://CC.kintera.org/2015springmbday
Questions: Call Stan Stachowiak @ (520) 722-4079. There is pre-work for many of these Merit Badges – please see the flyer for the pre-work and more information. Spring_Merit Badge Day_5_2_15_pre_work
Eagle Scout Advancement Information
Eagle Scout Applicants ~ Eagle_Rank_Application_2014_fillable
Eagle Scout ~ Project Workbook
Contacts for Possible ~ Eagle Project Contacts
Check out these successful Eagle Projects for ideas for your ~ Eagle Project
Life to Eagle ~ Twelve Steps to Success
Addresses for Eagle Scouts to write to for Congratulatory Letters.
Eagle Scouts, you can contact the National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. They will come to your Eagle Ceremony in Revolutionary regalia and present a certificate. Contact William (Bill) Aurand, the Scouting Liaison for the Tucson Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution, e-mail
The Sons of the American Revolution also offer an Eagle Scout Essay Scholarship Contest, open to all Eagles. This is a lightly used contest currently so the odds of winning significant Cash Awards at the State and National level are quite good. The winner is invited to present their essay at a Chapter or State meeting as a guest of the local SAR chapter. It is open to all Eagle Scouts who are currently registered in an active unit and have not reached their 19th birthday during the year of application. (The application year is the calendar year, 01 Jan. to 31 Dec.) The year that Eagle was awarded is not restricted. College plans do not need to be completed in order to receive the cash scholarship. Three cash scholarship awards are given: As the National First Place winner – $8,000.00; Runner-up – $4,000.00; 2nd runner-up – $2,000.00. You may apply more than one year if you meet the age requirements but no more than $8,000.00 total may be granted to any one Eagle Scout. The application is here: Eagle_Scout_Application-2012-11-07. Rules and forms can be found at http://www.sar.org/node/39
To schedule an Eagle Board of Review, contact the Council Registrar ~ Audrone Tarleton, 520-750-0385 ext 11, E-Mail
For any questions about Eagle Projects, boards of review, etc., please contact the Spanish Trails District Advancement Chair: Stanley Stachowiak at (520) 722-4079, E-Mail
Merit Badge Counselors:
Here is a LINK to the Merit_Badge_Counselor_Form_2013
Merit Badge Counselor Training is now available here: MB_Counselor_Training_11_25_14 . All Merit Badge Counselors are requested to go through this training and then take a quiz to maintain their qualification.
All Merit Badge Counselors MUST have current BSA Youth Protection Training.
- Please check that your training is current by logging on to myscouting.scouting.org
- The training is only 30 minutes and is available at the same site: myscouting.scouting.org
- You can also check by contacting the Council Registrar: Audrone Tarleton, 520-750-0385 ext 11, E-Mail
Merit Badge Counselor Training Quiz instructions:
1. First, review the Training materials from the link above.
2. You only need to take the quiz once.
3. Sent a message to Stan Stachowiak requesting a testing registration code number.
4. When you have the number from Stan, go to HERE.
5. Put in your registration number, name, e-mail address, a user name and password, and click on the “Register” button. Then login in using your new username and password and take the test.
6. Results will display on the page when test is finished, and will look like:
7. Send a snapshot of the results page or an email to Stan telling him you completed the test.
8. Stan will submit it to Council to update your training records.